100Kms to the first blog post

by - Tuesday, December 20, 2016

There is something about food.....something which kindles your deepest emotions....something which takes you to another place mentally....something which makes you drive 100+Kms to get that one meal which you have been craving all week.

It's been a week since I left Chennai after it was hit by a cyclone. My hometown can be described by many words, exciting is not one of them, it's hard to come back after living in Chennai for the past 7 years. So I was obviously bored out of my mind, I needed to get out, I need to have some fun. Luckily, I brought my bike with me from Chennai, so I decided to go for a ride.


I've been to this place many times over the years, with friends, with family, a
lone, not once did I not feel bored. The ride alone is worth the time. The restaurant sits in the highway connecting Krishnagiri and Bangalore (yes, I skipped Hosur). After a beautiful ride in my bike, I finally reached McDonalds.

Yeah, I know, no food critic takes pride in reviewing a fast food chain, but this McDonalds has a special place with me. Also, this one sits just the right distance from Bangalore, so it attracts a trendy crowd. Now, enough about me ranting about stuff, let's get into business.

After placing my order (a spicy chicken burger meal with Mexican cheesy fries swapped in) I find myself a table. And my food is served, yes you read that right, they serve the food in your table unlike other McDonalds or any other fast food chain where you have your food tray in your hand while you search for a table, so additional points for that.

Now, as I look at my tray I notice my burger box is flipped upside down, not just the box, the whole box with the burger is flipped upside down, we all make mistakes, so lets push past this. Now the fries, I was definitely looking forward for this, because my standard order would have Peri Peri fries instead of this heart clogging monstrosity. The burger was however made to the textbook, perfectly done.

Food: 4/5Ambiance: 4/5
Hospitality: 4/5

Overall: 4/5

You May Also Like

0 comments